As we are scaling our product and technology departments we are hiring our first Engineering Manager at SeenThis.
This role includes being hands-on within our tech team, and combining both individual contribution and team management. Your main responsibility is to make sure the team is motivated, engaged and high performing, while at the same time working together towards the roadmap you have been involved in creating.
You will play a key role in supporting all team members, to ensure everyone is connected to our goals and understands SeenThis’ vision, mission and daily day-to-day tasks.
We believe the ideal candidate is a driven senior engineer with proven leadership capabilities, who want to work close to the craft.
SeenThis is a streaming technology company that optimizes the delivery of videos and images to improve speed, quality and conversion for our clients. We were founded 2017 in Stockholm, and we now have local hubs in Oslo, London, New York and Singapore that serve over 1,000 clients, who collectively push petabytes of data through our systems each month. If you’re wondering about requests per second, we’ll tell you over a Zoom coffee.
Today, our technology is first and foremost used for digital advertising, but we’ve just launched products for online retailers where load speed and quality of video and images on e-com sites are of equally high importance for great conversion rates.
“That sounds cool, but what about the people?”
Well, here you can find pretty much everyone. Nerds, introverts, extroverts, sales gurus, start-up junkies, 9-to-5ers, daydreamers, visionaries – yes, we even have an office plant named Fred.
Our tech team describes our culture as encouraging, inclusive, and innovative. They believe that both personal and professional growth comes from relentlessly solving new and evermore complex problems by testing new solutions together with people that both challenges you and makes you laugh. They believe in you, and your ability to deliver what is expected, and will give you the freedom to choose how.
We are growing fast and just raised a new round of financing to fuel the buildout of our organization and the resulting global expansion. Although we’ve already come a long way, we feel like our journey just has begun and hope that you want to join this fantastic team on our mission to “speed up the internet”.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager, you will play an integral part in our technology organization by driving our product development. We are looking for someone who is interested in combining hands-on work, mentoring of team members, driving architecture and delivery and working with product owners to set roadmaps and priorities.
What you will do
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software-engineering team
- Influence and ensure efficient software design and architecture
- Prioritize and optimize for the highest speed in execution
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality across both our product areas
- Continuously develop relationships with our product team, engineers and key stakeholders across teams and domains
- Develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth
- Experience leading software engineering teams
- Experience designing and building full-stack applications in complex environments
- Track record of delivering robust software that handles large usage volumes
- Passionate about people management and mentoring
- You work independently and have a curious mindset
- Stakeholder management ability
- Ability to act independently, as well as strong collaboration and coordination skills
- Proficiency in Swedish and English
We are excited to welcome you to the SeenThis-family!
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact HR & Talent Acquisition Manager Ronja Hultkrantz, email@example.com.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to our CTO.